- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 oz blue curacao
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- grated orange zest
- 3 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the orange zest; stir until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand approximately 10 minutes.
- Place a fine strainer over a large bowl and pour syrup mixture through (straining out any zest).
- Add lemon juice and vodka and blue curacao to the strained syrup mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
Ice Cream Maker Method:
Transfer mixture to ice cream maker, process according to manufacturere's instructions.
Pour into a container, cover and place mixture in the freezer. When it is semi-solid, mash it up with a fork and refreeze again. When frozen place in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Cover and refreeze until ready to serve.